This information filled half day seminar will give you the knowledge you need to inspect and maintain your boat while on land for the winter. We will cover ...
BELOW the WATERLINE
- Inspecting the hull below the waterline for blisters, delamination, moisture intrusion and strategies for prevention
- How to inspect your underwater hardware for signs of galvanic and stray current corrosion
- Sacrificial anodes - how they work, how many you need, and effect from other boats.
- Drive train maintenance - how to check and maintain your propeller, shaft, bearings and shaft seal
- Selecting the best bottom paint for your boat
ABOVE the WATERLINE
-Gelcoat - what it does and how to preserve it. Understanding and repairing gelcoat cracks
- Deck structure - how to protect the core and preserve the value of your boat
- How to protect wood on fiberglass boats
- How to rebed deck hardware
- Annual engine inspections and service
- Shore power safety - what to look for and best practices
- Siphon breaks - how they work and how to service
Saturday, November 11, 8:30 - 12:30, HHN Meeting Room, (above West Marine)
The cost is $100.00 - To register call Gail at 804-725-3440 or
Teresa at 410-867-4400 or 301-261-5151.
« View all news.